Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Breezes

Today while I rode along our lumpy bumpy street trying to tame my wild bicycle and keep it out of the sticker ambushes and pothole perils, I was captivated by the smells of the neighborhood. The trees offered delicate frangrances as I passed- pine, magnolia, orange blossom and cedar . Dogs barked and raced me along their fences, stirring up wet grass and fall leaves - musty and reminiscent of childhood. Last night's rowdy barbecue left a trace of woodsmoke and blackened ribs on the air and a scrawny old cat marking a mailbox donated his pungent contribution. I thought how important it is to occasionally open all the windows in my head, so that my senses can come alive and drink in the wonder that is waiting on the other side of the glass.

1 comment:

  1. Your imagery is captivating and your observations mesmerizing. Reading this truly brought me joy and a far-way taste of fresh, crisp air.
    Thank you.
    Keep writing! Every day!
    Love -Kait

    ReplyDelete