Sunday, December 19, 2010

Looking Back at the Exciting Stuff!

 Can you spare a moment while I catch you up on the last two months? It's been a really exciting time, believe me!

In October, I focused on creating two scary short stories for the 19th annual Riverside Ghost Walk, a fundraiser for the California Riverside Ballet. Both stories were accepted for performance at the two day event, which thousands of folks attended! (Here's the gargoyle that performed in my story,The Fog)
What about November, you ask? Oh, I wrote a novel.
Well--50,000 words. I participated for the first time in National Novel Writing Month, aka NaNoWriMo, and accepted the challenge  to write 1664 words a day for 30 days. At the end of that time, a body should have a novel-length manuscript!
It was intense, exhausting, frustrating and exhilarating! But I did it (yippie!) and I'm totally jazzed to have an actual NOVEL to begin the revision process on.  I'd love to have it ready to submit to a publisher before next November... so I can do NaNoWriMo  again for the sequel!

2 comments: