Monday, April 18, 2011

I've Got News!!

My PHOTO EXHIBIT is all set up and ready for viewing at Heska's Sugar Shack and Coffee Co. in Mentone! Heska graciously allowed me the use of a whole wall to place some large framed prints, and barring sales (a very good thing!) they'll be there till May. It's really exciting, and yes, a little intimidating. After all, sitting in the 'gallery room' with a bowl of homemade soup, looking at MY pictures on the wall instead of someone else's? Wow. I'm grinning like an idiot, with clam chowder on my chin. I chose a variety to display for this first showing: some of my favorite Grand Canyon views, bee photos (of course) and a couple wonderfully soothing beach scenes from my trip to Costa Rica. And a zebra.
For those of you who can't make it out this way, here are some samples.




9 comments:

  1. Awesome photos, Annie! I want to see the exhibit but I don't know if I'll get down there before May. I wish they'd leave it up a little longer, but this is soooooooooooo exciting! Congratulations. (Can you take a picture of the wall with the photos hanging on it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Your work is awesome. You defintely have the eye for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a crazy little shack beyond the tracks...and everyones calls it Heska's Sugar Shack!

    Joey & I got to see your exhibit yesterday! We enjoyed having breakfast while admiring your gorgeous photographs at the same time! Here's the buzzzzzz...our favorites are the bees!!!

    The people who run the place were super nice, too! It might be a fun place for a critique sometime! :-)

    Congrats & good-luck with your exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlin', I think you are one of my favorite artists! Congratulations on your show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all my awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie! How did your exhibit do? We missed you at critique. I hope you got over your cold quick and that it didn't hang on.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for signing up to follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie! I mentioned you in my new blog post!

    ReplyDelete