Monday, June 13, 2011

Half A Century?

Yeah, he really said it. "Wow, hon, you're a half a century old today." After I got him an ice pack for his nose, I messed around on Google  and discovered that Valium and Lava Lamps were introduced in '61 too. Wow. A stellar year.

I love birthdays. They feel like new beginnings. And this one - this "half century mark" feels particularly special. I am not what I thought I'd be, but am more than I'd dreamed. That small town girl feels a million miles away, yet she has finally arrived.

I'm on the path to new adventure and anxious to get started.




4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dear Annie. You travel well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! Your posts haven't been showing up in my Google Reader, but neither have half the people's posts for blogs I've signed up to follow! I learned that I can copy & paste the URL in the "Add" section of my dashboard, so, yay, now I'll get all your new posts and can leave comments.Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie! I just tagged you in my new post. Please go to my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog ... even if the posts are written by an old lady ;)

    ReplyDelete