Thursday, November 10, 2011

NaNo and No-Nos

Ten days into the breakneck pace of  NaNoWriMo and I have jumped the healthy diet rails. I realized this today as I stuffed a porcupine fist of salty pretzels (a no-no) into my mouth as I pounded away on the laptop, furiously immersed in writing my nano novel.
Well, actually I might have had an idea what was happening when I didn't think twice about putting the bag of pretzels into my shopping cart yesterday, along with the Fritos, peanut M&Ms,  and economy-sized cheddar-flavor Goldfish bag. 
All no-nos.
I can only hope the mental energy I'm generating trying to reach that 1,669 word count goal every day is burning calories. Lots of 'em.

4 comments:

  1. If you don't want the Goldfish, I'll have them. ;) I hope your novel is going well! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's better than cigarettes and gin, right? Next to my desk (cleverly hidden in a bag) are sourdough pretzels, ginger cookies, chocolate candy. I'm a hopeless muncher-writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah!
    Pat: I doubt Dorothy Parker would agree with that!LOL! Thanks for reminding me I forgot the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, I was thinking you did a tribute to military women on your blog. did you do that on FB? I hit a huge wall for NaNo - Not the story so much, just life stuff, but today I'm jumping back in. I hope!

    ReplyDelete