Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Dreaded Love Scene

Today is day 14 of National Novel Writing Month, know affectionately as "NaNoWriMo" unless it is Day 25 of your one month time-frame to write 50,000 words in...at which point you may just be calling it the "thing I swore I wouldn't do again, lest I become a heavy drinker."
I was doing pretty good, until I reached day TEN. That was the day I had to write (she whispers) a SEX scene.
Yeah. My characters usually get strangled, poisoned, eaten by werewolves or zombies...so this was new territory.
 I wanted this scene to be romantic (as romantic as a one-night/day/night stand can be) and passionate. Without using all those '-ing' words. I sweated a lot over this (no pun intended!), but when I was done...

 It was a little of this:


And a lot of this:


This, of course:


And...this:


Whew! Glad that's over!

Ok, I'm off to the land of NaNoWriMo to wreak more havoc. 
I'm much better at pushing my characters off cliffs than into the sack together! 

4 comments:

  1. You're crackin' me up! I had to laugh out loud and snorted. The truth is...I would never attempt this alone. I would need so much help to do it and that's just plain embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Stephanie! Remember in all the old movies they'd fall onto the bed (fully clothed), start kissing, then you'd hear a rooster crowing or see dawn outside the window and you knew they'd done the deed. ;)

      Delete
  2. The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts. ipcamera in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete